Educ

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mindmap Connectivism Module 4



   Connectivism is the process of creating connections and increasing your network involvedness. Networks are creating new ways in which people are learning through social and cultural frameworks. People have the capability of using multiple networks at any time and the opportunity to choose whether or not to use them, engage them or disengage them because not all networks are created with equal strength. According to Orey (2001), he concludes that Siemens says “connectivism is driven by the understanding that decisions are based on rapidly altering foundations. New information is continually being acquired and the ability to draw distinctions between important and unimportant information is vital. Also critical is the ability to recognize when new information alters the landscape based on decisions made yesterday”

     Technology in the 21st century has drastically changed the way in which we live our lives, communicate with others and learn. It has changed mine by allowing me to utilize my time more effectively and efficiently. I am able to take learning on the road (so to speak) by connecting to the internet or any other resources I need. I am also able to learn new information through the use of many networks. Through social media, I can connect and reconnect with many people and stay abreast of current events. I can plan lessons, report on IEP’s and complete progress reports through the convenience of a tablet. I can find solutions to problems and answers to questions by navigating the web.

 
 
 
  Digital tools that make my life easier in my interpersonal communications are wikis, blogs, email and skyping. For my social pleasures, I turn to Facebook, twitter, and Pinterest. In my working environment we use whiteboard, Tap-it and many augmentative devices for the students. I enjoy television, music and internet, which are all accessible via internet. Online learning has given me the opportunity to pursue my education at my own pace. The digital era of the 21st century has come alive and has opened the door to many life opportunities.
Orey, M.(Ed.). (2001). Emerging perspectives on learning, teaching, and technology. Retrieved <insert date>, from http://projects.coe.uga.edu/epltt/
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment